Thursday, January 29, 2009

Moving...AGAIN

Yes, I'm a a masochist. What can I say? John (a.k.a. Bonus Dad) told  Teddy when we first got married that we needed to put all of our shit on wheels. Boy, was he right :) 
Okay, so how many times have we moved since we married in 11/2001? 
1) into Vantage Point in October of '01 
2) out of vantage into 5545 Forest View Dr (I'm not apartment material) in Feb '02
3) from Forest View out to Christiansburg so I could return to VT in Dec '02. 
4) We found a perfect country home in April of '04. We moved from Christiansburg to Sugar Maple Lane in Newport
5) I graduated from VT in May of '05. We moved from Newport back to Virginia Beach, into the same neighborhood (5521 Aurora Dr - blue house on the right). 
6) Stayed in VB until October of 2006 when we decided to give Phoenix a try. 
7) Came back from Phoenix in August of 2008 and moved into this place. It's the brown building on the corner. We're on the second floor. 
8) Now, January of '09, we're outta here and into this. We will be in the left side of that white house. It's so much more living space and better section of the neighborhood. No more sirens directly under our bedroom window. Hopefully not as many drunks waking us up at 1:30am.  We will not be living in an apartment, having to hear all of our neighbors! I have discovered that I can tolerate living in small quarters, but I don't prefer it. I really hate being subjected to other people's lack of consideration. Best of all, the ambience in the new place is infinitely better than our current living arrangements. Not to mention we'll have GOOD maintenance (I know the landlord :) )  and HEAT!! I would NOT recommend for anyone to rent from Norfolk Property Development. They just don't care about their properties AT ALL and it is evident when you look at their appearance. They just aren't worth the hassle unless you are REALLY hard up, which we were when we first arrived :) 
So, now I'm off to pack boxes again. It was just yesterday that I was ready to lose my mind packing and unpacking, yet I am still excited to be getting outta here. I'm ready to feel at home. 

2 comments:

RattleFox said...

Glad you found somewhere new with heat! I remember your c'burg house's heating problems.
I got married in 11/01 too!

Momma said...

Heating issues seems to follow us no matter where we rent :) Let's hope that this place is the last of the problem.

WE have so much in common Darcy, it's almost eerie. The only thing that we don't seem to share in common is that you are a dog person and I am a cat person. Madness, I tell you :)