Wednesday, March 11, 2009

National Grammar Day

http://spogg.org

March 4th was national grammar day. Obviously, I am a week late; however, better late than never, as they say!

My grammar has become ATROCIOUS in the last few years. I blame it on the rapid-fire world of the internet. I no longer proof read prior to hitting send. I just type and go. This has resulted in a few minor embarrassments for me. I do believe I am going to brush the dust off my Little Brown Handbook and make an honest attempt to return to the proper grammar I once knew.

Perhaps you will too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, I am horrified by the grammar of the computer aged children. The fact that junior high student have no idea how to write a proper paragraph that sticks to one tense and uses an indentation scares me. Children around the world are texting faster than I ever could but never spell anything out. I feel the texting community of children are going to grow to be semi-illiterate adults. I take your challange to heart and feel many more should!
Doni