Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Wave

I am experiencing a new wave of creativity these days. I am welcoming it with open arms. It has been TOO long since I felt creative enough to actually work on a project. 
Here's a picture of what I did last night: 


It isn't the best quality photo. I don't know if you can see what it is exactly so I will explain it. I started out wanting to "write" a poem for Uncle James just using words and/or phrases cut out from various magazines. I ended up with the following poem by the time I was done clipping:

Namaste friend 
      Every breathe you take 
Come as you are 

Our hybrid life 
Desert's best... CASHED OUT... Chesapeake Bay
Integral grassroots fertile ground
Not all who wander are lost

Where to? 
      Adventure to greenstreets
              Phoenix Rising
         Leave no child inside 
            create.play.care.
              Works of art
      dream                  coexist
Welcome the heart of Nature 

Dare to dream with pure intentions
Seek the truth 
Survive THIS! 
It's not about escaping reality
It's about finding it....
READ
       express yourself...
A kind spoken-word 
       is not hard to believe....

The best gift I have to offer 
            OM
Last words 
           Love you.....


Each "paragraph" will be one picture for five in total. Last night I completed the first page. I went through old magazines and cut out pictures that I felt matched the emotion of the words. I am not sure how I am going to put together the final product... each an individual framed picture? a bound "book"? I'll be sure to post pictures of the final product...





4 comments:

RattleFox said...

Wow that is amazing! It beats the pants off some professional artists' collages I've seen. I really can feel the open-heartedness of it.

You simultaneously make me want to do one and know I could never hope to equal your creativity there.

Man! Every day I wish more that we lived near each other.

Momma said...

Thanks Darcy :)

I, too, wish we lived closer together... who knows? We seem to "enjoy" picking up & moving so maybe we'll end up back there soon - ha ha!

Frizz said...

I really,REALLY like this. My birthday is less than a month away. (hmmm I wonder what cool thing Momma can send me.)

Momma said...

I know when your birthday is Mr. June 18th :P
:)