Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Light & Dark

I was laying in bed with my daughter while she fell asleep tonight. I decided to dig into my old poetry more. I found two to share, one light and the other dark.
Here ya go....

Sage

old, magnificent
historic scents
through wintry blasts
or thunderous storms
still you have stood
so complex yet so simple
carrying the wisdom of generations

When the sun warms your rough texture
seeping into the cracks
engulfing the green
swelling your essence with life and warmth
a gaze in your direction
is all one needs
to feel at peace
energy of the ancients
radiate from your core
enigma abounds
what has blessed us with your beauty?


Dark

its presence blinds me
I protectively cover my face with my arms
squinting my eyes
I realize
the light is warm...
gentle...
calling my name
Slowly
lowering my arms
I bow my head
taking in the warmth

Engulfing
covering my body like a cocoon
I place my foot forward...
gently...
carefully...
treading where I never before dared to wander
I feel safe.

Suddenly
something is snapping at my back
at the backs of my ankles...
at the back of my mind

I turn
looking behind me
my safety is shattered
Darkness is surrounding me
bitter cold brushing my skin
phallic monsters begin to chase me
voices
Oh please save me from this hell
Will you cry when I die?
No.
Don't tell anybody....
Yes, I'll be there
Sorry I didn't show
Don't call me, Don't write me
NO! I don't want to!!

I stop running.

I remember

that is all behind me
I turn
It is calling me...
the light...
the safety...
the security...
Its presence blinds me no longer

No comments: