Wednesday, February 9, 2011

FaceBook: Cause & Solution to All of Our Problems

I have a burning desire to erase all of my content off of my facebook page and deactivate my account. For serious. Just be done with it. I like life. I like living life in REAL life. I feel like I could accomplish so much more if it were gone.

On the other hand...
I have so many people that I keep in touch with via facebook. FB becomes this pseudo connection for me with others, especially when I feel isolated during the winter. It's also how I keep on top of what's going on in a variety of movements and know when I need to help spread the word on pending issues.

Maybe I should just get rid of this profile and create one with the sole purpose of staying in touch with other activists ( especially my network here in VA). Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

memeticist said...

you can hold onto FB or a stripped down version for now. i think the problem is going to be solved by something that people ditch FB for. I think there is a third generation social network (or perhaps a whole set of them) around the corner - that does more than share photos and link comments, but actually solves real problems for real people.

i can almost touch it.